Thread: Censorship

Censorship

So how many things in were censored in the remake? I know the gun/paintball stuff, but was there anything else? I haven't played the originals in some time, so I probably missed some stuff if it's there.

censorship is stoopid and pointless. only think that stands out right now is the paint guns but that my good friend was pointless.
    Jimmies are always better than spinkles. if you do not understand the power of Jimmies over sprinkles than you are not yet enlightened. allow me to enlighten you...

Jimmies are better than sprinkles.

JIMMIES

All of the ones that I know...

The paintball guns in Twilight Harbour.

Sausage turrets in Dino Mines.

Plungers instead of arrows in Charmed Ridge.

Metal fists instead of spears... sometimes.

Bombo is renamed as Bob.

I happen to agree with Jimmies, the censorship was utterly pointless, and in my opinion, ineffective.
    “By seeking and blundering we learn.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

I want you to be trolling so bad on that stuff but i remember it now and plus you're oracle so i know you're legit man. pointy is bad. no pointy.
    All of my Posts

now in

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    All of the ones that I know...

The paintball guns in Twilight Harbour.

Sausage turrets in Dino Mines.

Plungers instead of arrows in Charmed Ridge.

Metal fists instead of spears... sometimes.

Bombo is renamed as Bob.

I happen to agree with Jimmies, the censorship was utterly pointless, and in my opinion, ineffective.
    oh no to hell with all of that i remember now. because pointy things are bad cause kids can't be exposed to such sharp horrors it will cause them to grow up to be terrorists and serial killers. sausage turrets like spongebob horse shit or something and I gues bombo was racist or reminded them of boobies too much or some whack ass nonsense like that. because this will change the world people. this will make it all okey dokey arti freaking chokies.
    Jimmies are always better than spinkles. if you do not understand the power of Jimmies over sprinkles than you are not yet enlightened. allow me to enlighten you...

Jimmies are better than sprinkles.

JIMMIES

bombo cause bomb maybe? i'm f'in stuck on that one
    So pull me up from down below
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ZdJ1Oqrq1Fx0Q/giphy.gif
    Don't let me drown

@Hanshii, Yes, because he wears a turban and his name has the word bomb in it, it was presumably deemed racist. Never mind the fact that he still uses the word "bombing".

I find this to be ridiculous. There were clearly no negative intentions behind the name. This game was even originally released before the attack on New York on 11 September...

I understand that you want to avoid stereotyping, and by all means do so, but I don't think that this was in anyway an example of that, and perhaps drew more attention to it that otherwise would have most likely gone unnoticed by anyone with the potential to be affected by it, i.e. young children.

@Kimmy the Incredible, Thank you, I do my best.
    “By seeking and blundering we learn.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

^ you're very welcome. i didn't know about the whole bomb thing to be honest. i guess you're right then because i would never have thought of it probably without it having been censored in the first place to start this whole conversation. lol
    All of my Posts

now in